I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

1.11.2009

While babysitting I read an article that might just change my life.




She offered to show me how the television worked. I assured her I could figure it out. And so I tried for a good hour. To no avail. Channel three? No. Input four? No. Oh hell, reading it would be. So I picked up Vogue. Yes, I went right for the challenging material. Picture, picture, caption....sigh. And then...I came across this: Vicki Woods Follows Twelve Habits of the Healthiest People in the World. Hmmmm...I liked the sound of that. And Ned, sure as heck, didn't. Perfection.

So it goes something like this:

1. eat a balanced diet; 2 cups fruit, 2 1/2 cups veggies, 5 1/2 ounces meat, 3 cups low-fat or non-fat dairy (you get the picture)

2. exercise (30 minutes cardio daily to maintain weight, more to lose; weights 3 times a week; and yoga or Pilates once a week for flexibility) 

3. cut down on alcohol (one glass a day at most)

4. cut down on caffeine (yikes!)

5. cut out all nicotine 

6. brush and floss daily

7. wear an SPF daily

8. get 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night (it helps ward off diabetes)

9. have regular sex with your partner

10. keep the mind sharp (puzzles, crosswords, etc.)

11. keep a busy schedule (this means socialize people!)

12. and finally...meditate daily 

So Vicki's goal was to follow these rules for a month, just in time to feel fresh and alive for the inauguration of Obama. I'm a bit late for that, but seeing as in about a month's time I've got some oh-so-important events (one of which is to retake my headshots and Lord knows I'd like to look fresh-faced and alive for those) I too will take the month long challenge. Each day I'll focus on something else and add in my own little goals (like making my bed--turns out it makes a difference) and I'll keep you all posted on how it goes and how Ned responds to the whole thing.


2 comments:

B and G said...

GOod Luck Meg. I know you can do it. Im going to steal some these if you dont mind. hehe. love you

Nicole said...

What a great idea! I'd love to be able to follow all of the steps, #9 might seem a bit hard since I'm a loner right now! I miss you and am calling you soon!!