I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

8.31.2008

Stace, you know how you said...

...that the reason it worked with Nick the second go round is because you learned how to cook?

Well, I'm in trouble.

I tried tonight I really did. And the thing is, I want to like cooking. Trust me, it's not for lack of desire that I constantly come up short.


Dumplings. Sounds easy enough right?

Wrong.

They take much too much time to boil. Then, you put them in a frying pan slicked with a tiny, seemingly miniscule amount of oil and the little devils cause that oil to spring up onto your poor, unsuspecting arms and hands.

This was after I lost two of the little things down the disposal as I tried to drain the water. They slipped away like live fish and before I even knew what had happened I was left staring down at an empty sink, debating whether to go in after them. I know, I know that would have been bad. So they're still there. Sad little dumplings stuck in a drain.



And they weren't even that good. Jonathan was nice, he told me otherwise to make me feel better, but I know the truth.

I know.

Oh yeah, and that tiny, little bit of oil that managed to add calories but no flavor is all over the kitchen floor.


How will I ever become marriage material?


No comments: