I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

1.31.2013

...


"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living, I want to know what you ache for. It doesn't interest me how old you are, I want to know if you are willing to risk looking like a fool for love, for your dreams, for the adventure of being alive. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine. It doesn't interest me where you live or how rich you are, I want to know if you can get up after a night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and be sweet to the ones you love. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and truly like the company you keep in the empty moments of your life."

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

6 comments:

jackie said...

yup.

Clio said...

I literally read this about a hour ago somewhere else online. What a coincidence. I must have needed to hear it twice today :)

Anne said...

Actually, I think that poem is by Oriah Mountain Dreamer; there's more!

http://www.oriahmountaindreamer.com/

Shawnee said...

yes. my heart sighs to this. exactly.

Missy said...

Uhh, tears...

calista said...

I originally heard this poem by Oriah Mountain Dreamer a few years ago. I have loved it ever since. I love absolutely all of it! I have it written out on my bulletin board in my living room and it serves as a reminder to me every time I look at it and reminds me of what I want in a relationship.