I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

1.02.2013

2013.

from Tiger Lily | Jodi Lynn Anderson




i love new year's resolutions. always have. always will. but as i've gotten older the manner in which i've constructed them has changed. gone are the days of lose ten pounds, cut out carbs, or become a totally new person by simply xy or z-ing. i prefer the resolutions to be small mantras that remind me of the person i am--and the person i want to be. 

this year in coming up with a few resolutions, i thought why not come up with one for the blog? a touchstone--a set of words to return to for when i felt like i was losing focus here. a north star by which to chart my course. 

the words above are not mine. they are on the inscription page of the book Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. but i wish they were mine. as a girl with messy hair and a thirsty heart they touch something deep in me--remind me of who i am and what i want from this life (which is very much the point of the blog). 


so for 2013 i will borrow better words and work in service of them.


so is for you're reading this now, if you ever have or ever might again, this is for the girls with the messy hair and thirsty hearts. 



here's to 2013.
xo

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Check out my resolutions? http://www.laurensthoughts.com/2013/01/my-2013-resolutions.html

xo Lauren

Alex said...

To 2013 :)

jackie said...

so perfect. Thanks for writing to give us water.

Hannah Nicole said...

this is so beautiful.
i'm a girl with messy hair and a thirsty heart and your words are such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Cheers!

Amanda Blair said...

I stumbled upon this same quote, added it to my tumblr and just last night wrote it out to paste in the beginning of my journal. I couldn't think of a better way to describe who I have always been and who I always want to be. Amen and happy new year!

Alexa said...

ohhh, this is good. happy new year!

Francesca Forzoni said...

here is to us xx

Chantel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawnee said...

i love, i love, i love. happy 2013!

Chantel said...

Yes!! I love this! Messy hair and thirsty hearts. I seriously love the way that you bind women together who are all in this same walk of life. You have a talent for writing, that's for sure.

Okay normally I don't do this. But, I wrote a post that I suppose was semi-inspired by you because of the way you are so open about your life, and the way you feel with matters of the heart. So it inspired me to write where I'm at too: http://empiricalday.blogspot.com/2013/01/to-rest.html

Thank you for your candidness in writing. I'm in awe, as always.

jill said...

love, love, love.

Jessica said...

Oh the chills! Love this :)

emi. said...

!!!!!!!
perfect

kate said...

I look forward to all the words you give us in 2013. May this be you year.

kate said...

I look forward to all the words you give us. May 2013 be your year.