I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

9.13.2008

I'm stuck in the basement...

...while the stain on the new wood stairs dries. And since I've lost all sense of time in this sunless room I've taken to blogging. Alot. Hence, the inordinant number of posts on this, Saturday the 13th of September.

And while I was on the Subway the other day I looked up to see "Poetry in Motion" had been replaced by quotes under a new title, and the following one by George Elliot kinda took my breath away...

"We do not expect people to be deeply moved by what is not unusual. If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence."

from Middlemarch

which reminds me of this fabulous poem found in Hafiz's The Gift (this was on the b-day card Stevie gave me first year and its stuck with me)...

Buttering the Sky

Slipping
On my shoes,
Boiling water,
Toasting bread,
Buttering the sky:
That should be enough contact
With God in one day
To make anyone
Crazy.

Inspired by this I'm going to try to add a section to this crazy, little blog of mine known as "quote of the day"--but with a slightly better title. Any ideas? I just will have to figure out how to archive it. This might be beyond my limited blogging capabilities. But I'm gonna give it a go nonetheless...

and yes, I'm exploring playing with both color and font...prepare!

No comments: