I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

5.24.2013

daydreaming on the train

If you don't already know. I've moved. Visit my at http://www.megfee.com/2013/05/24/daydreaming-on-the-train/ to see this post on my new site.



8418107594_5022539080_z


i thought you sat down on the train next to me today.


for a moment, i thought you sat down next to me.


{and i couldn’t breathe.}


there was something about how he shifted in his seat and held his hands and tugged at his sweater that made me think he was you.


and i looked up at his reflection in the subway windows across the way and right away i could see it wasn’t you.


{and a little bit of air escaped between my lips.}


but damn if the way in which he tilted his head didn’t feel like you.


and so i nearly didn’t believe it–couldn’t believe it. so much did i both want and need and fear he might be you that i made liars of my eyes.


and sitting there, next to a total stranger, i nearly reached for his knee, nearly pressed my shoulder into his, half-expected him to take my hand.


because if all i could get was a shadow of you, a ghost of you, an i’ll-just-close-my-eyes-and-pretend-version-of-you i’d take it.


if i couldn’t have you, i’d take someone who felt like you–even, and if only, for a moment.


i’d take ten minutes, on the train, next to a total stranger, and a sliver of a daydream.


The post daydreaming on the train appeared first on megfee.


No comments: