I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

4.08.2013

vinegar hill, brooklyn


































i've been needing a little getaway.

in fact, i'm probably about a month past needing-a-getaway-from-new-york.

but it hasn't been in the cards.

however, yesterday, finding myself with the task of revealing the-off-the-beaten-path-new-york, i knew just where to go.

there is something about the tiny neighborhood of vinegar hill, brooklyn that feels undisturbed--old and historic and quiet. an escape. like it's closer to the sky than the earth.

it was just as good as the three of us needed--and hoped--it would be.

(and the company wasn't so bad either. turns out the dutch could teach lessons in what-it-is-to-be-chivalrous).



11 comments:

Shawnee said...

this sounds perfect in every way ! i must search for a little place like this in my city to escape to.

Nicola said...

This little place looks lovely! And what handsome guys to spend a day with!

Niki said...

Who are these studs?
Meet 'n greet!

Lisa said...

It just looks so peaceful!

xo Lisa
www.makinglifeslemons.com

Carina said...

you take such beautiful photos.

Carina
http://carstina.blogspot.co.nz/

Elizabeth said...

what a beautiful little getaway! I know i am in need of one of those as well. :) have a blessed monday!

colleen said...

yes - that neighborhood is such a quiet and unique gem.

Unknown said...

"like it's closer to the sky than the earth."

Love this. I've never been to that part of Brooklyn, but I know exactly what you're talking about.

Alice said...

This looks amazing- and they are seriously cute. I am also in dire need of a getaway- but the other way around, after too long in the countryside, I need some city time!!! x

AbbieBabble said...

Isn't that the best? When you can feel like you've left your city without ACTUALLY leaving? (I guess actually leaving is pretty great, too). I think I need to add Vinegar Hill to my list of places to visit next time I'm in Brooklyn.

*cho said...

Love the pics! What a nice day.