I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

2.18.2013

i totally would.


not terribly long ago--but just enough ago--i sat with a man at a bar.

i made him come to me. that's the thing about carroll gardens, now i make the men come here.

we sat and chatted and i felt lonely next to him.

carroll gardens is too quiet for me, he said. i could never live here.

good, we don't want you, was all i could think.

i'll take the quiet and i'll take carroll gardens. no need for you.

i say now that the man will have to come and drag me from this place. me with my heels dug in, me so in love with this sleepy corner of brooklyn with it's superior food and late-afternoon-glow.

when my dark secret is that i'd chase the-right-one down to the ends of the earth. and when he asked me to leap from the flat edge of this world... i totally would.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would too.

Shawnee said...

i would too, as well. there's a pang in my heart - i feel this. i know this.

JCP Eats, www.jcpeats.com said...

I would, as well.

stefanie hurtado said...

i'm beginning to think i would too. after years of insisting i'd leave anything/anyone in order to travel and see the beauty of the world. sometimes the beauty just seems like wallpaper. it's love that matters most.

kate said...

Wow. That was a small slice of magic.

Sara said...

I would too.

Alice said...

For the right person, I too would go anywhere, leave anywhere. I think most of us would. x