I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

6.17.2012

happy father's day.




i spent the weekend in new jersey with my aunt, uncle, and brother. and along with fresh air and some really fine home-cooked meals my aunt sue (my mom's sister) provided me with these two photos of mother and father.

i'm so desperately in love with these pictures--you forget that your parents were once young and in love in that... particular way. your parents move mountains and sacrifice impossible things for you to have every opportunity and you, as their child, forget that there came a time before you. 

it's nice to have the reminder. 
(and find out that they were probably cooler than you).


13 comments:

Punky J said...

I love this. My parents are divorced, but I have a couple photos of them that I keep tucked away in a special drawer. Photos of when they were young and very much in love. Even though those days are long gone, it's beautiful to know those moments did exist between the two of them. PS You are a complete replica of your parents combined. Every shade of handsome and pretty!

Emily said...

you look SO much like your mom! absolutely gorgeous, both of you :)

jimmylou said...

oh my gosh, adorable! your parents are the cutest! i love looking at pictures of my parents taken before i was born too, it's just a wonderful reminder of why they love each other <3

colleen said...

this is so sweet. and true.

MMW said...

you have your mom's smile! oh how gorgeous.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

1) i love old photos of my parents.

2) my dad wore a lot of flannel, too.

3) your mom's hair in that last photo is beautiful!

Britta said...

I love their clothes!
And you do look a lot like your mum! Good genes I'd say.

Abby said...

These are great. I love looking at old photos of my parents, too. There's one of my dad smoking a pipe and my mom smiling next to him while on a skiing vacation. They both look the same, but so much younger. It's lovely to see parents before we knew them.

Alexa said...

at first glance, i thought she was you!

it's so easy to forget that they were them before they were my parents. thanks for reminding me :)

Sara said...

I also thought she was you! You look so much like your mom Meg! In Re to Punky J, my parents are also divorced, and though I know it's for the better, I've hidden away a photo of the three of us when I was a toddler

Betsy said...

Wow you look like your mom there. Gorgeous!

Alex said...

These photos are just perfect.

katilda said...

well those photos are beyond lovely. i adore pics of my parents from when they were dating in the 70s.