I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

4.14.2011

my manhattan: photos new and old.


preparing to move down the hall has turned my room into something of a disaster. 
why? well...you see, i like to sit and cull through it all--remarking and remembering and smelling old pages. but this culling and smelling and such moves at a snail's pace and isn't terribly effective--so i'm about two seconds from pulling out trash bags and dumping half of everything i own.
but i will say, it has served to get me to look through my college, hand-written journal (please lord don't let anyone ever find it. pure drivel.) as well as my quickly accumulating photos. so for this week's my manhattan i thought i'd show a few new and old (those that for whatever reason never made the cut back in the day, but i love nonetheless).

george washington bridge

waiting for the A

thinking. clearly

twinkle, twinkle

tiger

bathroom

downtown door

just can't get enough

1. the george washington bridge from my morning walk vantage point. fall 2009.
2. waxing poetic in queens. spring 2011.
3. waiting for the A at 168. spring 2011.
4. outside the bowery ballroom. winter 2011.
5. restaurant decor on 187th. fall 2009.
6. this week's bathroom shot. spring 2011.
7. wandering around downtown. winter 2010.
8. noah and the whale at the bowery. winter 2011. 


15 comments:

Joel said...

Beautiful! And the pictures of NY are nice too. I love seeing the views you capture.

Kaylia Payne said...

I love your photos, you are such a talented little miss :)

Ashley said...

love the shot of the george washington bridge! wonderful!

ps. i do the same thing when i pack/move.. it's fun to look back on old memories, embarrassing or not. ha!

A "cheery" disposition said...

you are so, so pretty. Love that little tiffany's lamp in the background too.

Kaleena J. said...

1. i love your blog
2. i love your photos
3. i love your writing
4. you are so photogenic!

everytime i leaver your blog, i feel so inspired!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

well, ok maybe your move isn't as scary as mine BUT my move didn't include pretty bathroom photos. so, you win. because that is one pretty bathroom shot.

Sara L. said...

Love your photos! So pretty!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

oh and we're obviously meeting piotr when you visit.

oh and i think you kinda look like jessica biel in that bathroom photo.

Alex said...

I do the same thing when I'm moving. It's fun to mentally relive memories [the good ones, at least]. And you really are the master of the bathroom shot. Teach me your ways!

Dee Paulino said...

these are lovely specially the first and third one

Thanks so much for commenting on my last post, you're one of my favorite bloggers, reading your comment made my day :)

Have a nice weekend!!

Spratt said...

These pictures are cool! Yesterday I booked a mid-May flight to New York! I'm super excited because I've never been there before! I am eager to see some of these amazing views for myself. :)

Katness said...

Great photos! I love to see different ways people capture NYC.

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Love those lights--and the shop entrance with the green trim. Something about those colors...
Have a great weekend!

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures as always, the Tiger one particularly is my favorite. Classic Tiger Woods joke, never get old.

Anonymous said...

lovely pictures!