I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

8.27.2010

standing in the shower. dreaming.


i took a long shower tonight. let the water rush over me.

closed my eyes and dreamt.

of the corner of 76th and columbus. and its blue storefront.

of cafe aroma's israeli lattes. foam sticking to my upper lit.

of blossom's vegan milkshakes.

of the hudson river and its flourish of green.

of boots and tights and winter hats.

of fall.

of a dingy basement bar open till four that plays nothing but marley.

of the foyer of my apartment building. the marble steps. yellowing light.

of the corner coffee shop on saturday mornings. white counter top before me. coffee and croissant.

of my towering black bookcase and the white speakers my brother got me last christmas.

of my bed. my own bed.

and the lovely family i've cobbled together in that city of millions.



soon enough. soon enough. still got some mountains to climb. figuratively and literally.

10 comments:

AbbieBabble said...

Very soon. Enjoy the last of your time in Utah, though, too. But soon you'll be back where you belong.

Brittan said...

i suggest you climb provo canyon, take off your shoes and put your bare feet in bridal veil falls before you leave. yes. that needs to happen.

then hurry back!

~BB~ said...

beautiful. So well worded, and very savory. I could close my eyes and see the things you see.

Spratt said...

Vegan milkshake? Isn't that an oxymoron? Those sound like some good memories though. :)

Mary Grace said...

Simply beautiful! You've got such a talent.

Cassie said...

I love all the imagery. The towering bookcase...yellowing light...a crissant and coffee. It is all delightful. Enjoy your weekend!

Karina F. said...

This is written beautifully.

Kelsie Lynn said...

oh man if I was was still utah I would go. Im sad Im missing the shakespeare fest!
I'de be interested to hear about how its similar/different/modernized etc etc compared to the traditional text.
good luck brunette bombshell

Roxy Te said...

Such yearning! I often dream of the bustling Farmer's market at Union Square, coffee dates on brisk Fall days at Abingdon Square Park, early sunrise runs along the Hudson, aimless walks on delicious Spring days, catching a yellow cab home as the sun begins to peak over the city, and even the subway- I actually miss the dirty, crowded, inconsistent trains.

michal said...

I was just in NYC, and stayed on 74th and Columbus. I know that blue storefront well, as it became subject to so many of my late morning pick-me-ups.

Utah is so underwhelming after returning from the city. But it's the kind of place that doesn't bombard you with history and awe. It's the kind of place where the beauty builds from underneath. Once you leave, I think you'll find that you've planted roots here. You'll come to love and miss it, too.

As for now, I just want to say that your writing is beautiful.