I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

9.16.2009

just because.




All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. Great works are often born on a street corner or in a restaurant's revolving door. 
Albert Camus



Ah, mon cher, for anyone who is alone, without God and without a master, the weight of days is dreadful.
Albert Camus


One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving. 
Paulo Coelho


Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks. Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned; perhaps she won't suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow. But when the person looks back--she will hear her heart.
Paulo Coelho


The dream was always running ahead of me. To catch up, to live for a moment in unison with it, that was the miracle.
Anais Nin



My ideas usually come not at my desk but in the midst of living.
Anais Nin



The moment of that kiss contained every happy moment I had ever lived.
Paulo Coelho




It is a common enough case, that of a man being suddenly captivated by a woman nearly the opposite of his ideal.
George Eliot

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. 
George Eliot



I like not only to be loved, but also to be told that I am loved. I am not sure that you are of the same kind. But the realm of silence is large enough beyond the grave. This is the world of light and speech, and I shall take leave to tell you that you are very dear. 
George Eliot



all photos
via the magnificent
tumbler, sabino.

and this idea of quotes
and pictures, but i find this blog
does it better than most.

oh and the lovely natalie post
the most perfect quote of all time
on her blog this morning.

9 comments:

heisschic said...

oh.

i absolutely love that last quote. and the picture--- but mostly the quote. it's perfect.




and just so you know, meg, you ARE very dear.

Nagela not Angela said...

Meg I love your blog so much i have read all the post from the last couple of months in one night. Your blog and these quotes makes me so wildly happy. My heart is hurting because its being filled with so much love and hope for this beautifully crazy scary exciting mysterious world that God has given to us. Dont you see it Meg your blog makes my heart grow

iida said...

I love love love this post. Everything about it... the quotes, the pictures. And especially the Anaïs Nin quotes, she's a favourite of mine.

Thank you for making this day a bit more beautiful.

Andrea said...

Lovely.
xo andrea

Unknown said...

Fantastic! i love the shot of the girl with the umbrella...beautiful!

Aline said...

this post just made me so happy...I think that I will bookmark this so that I can check back often:)

iheartkiwi said...

delicious autumn, delicious, delicious autumn.

lovely, just lovely.

Unknown said...

i love all of these. they are beautiful.

i particularly love the last quote. communicating love is SO important. it can make all the difference: with friends, family and relationships.

Brittany said...

fyi, all of these quotes make my heart hurt. so so beautiful. i love the one about autumn, especially.