I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

6.03.2009

sometimes...






sometimes...my past seems more inviting than my future. because it’s known. what i wouldn’t give to be the eight year old who survived on boxcar children and goldfish, who built forts and gave tea parties, who believed in kissing her bears goodbye each morning. sometimes i wonder if I took a misstep somewhere. and if with that misstep I’m failing my eight-year-old self. i wonder if there’s any going back. 

but then, sometimes...i have brief, fleeting moments of clarity. And I know. i know that the best is yet to come. that my days of forts and tea parties are not over. that love, as i know it, is only the beginning. and that there are no missteps, no wrong turns. that every good day, every bad, every right decision, every wrong, will lead me to exactly where i’m meant to be.





photos via ffffound
and visualize.us

15 comments:

Sarah said...

It is like you are pulling thoughts right out of my head. I love this post and how you look back and forward. I do this often.

“Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. Our times are in his hand who saith, 'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!'”
~Robert Browning

A Sunday Kind Of Love said...

I LOVE this post. This is what I have been thinking, and it is nice to hear you put it all together so beautifully.
Also, I too would kiss my stuffed animals goodbye. After I read "The Little Princess", I believed that they all moved around after I left the room :)

jess said...

I love that someone else dreams about their childhood!! I can't wait to have children so I have an excuse to "play" again...

lauren said...

so i have been reading your blog for a little while now and have finally decided to delurkify myself.

all i have to say is thank you for this post. i'm in a bit of a funk because i just got laid off of my job of three years. and i keep looking back even to a week ago and yearn for it, for any time before this great change happened. i've done that a lot when i've had difficulties come my way... and so it's nice to have a reminder that all of these things have shaped who i am and where i'm going. and that the best is not behind me but in front of me.

so, again, thank you. :)

Unknown said...

words i needed to see. foreal.
life is getting slightly messy.
it is scary but it will be good.

HOWEVER, i could definitely deal with a few days of playing pretend and having tea parties by the creek right now*

Shelby Lou said...

you are so very correct my dear. VERY CORRECT.

Krissa said...

I absolutely love this post!
Although I dont think I would want to be 8 to go back through some of the hardest years of figuring out who I am.
But I totally agree with this post. EVERYTHING leads us to where we are meant to be. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Thanks for posting this.

maremee said...

This post was beautiful. Exactly what I was thinking but couldn't put it into words.

Ivy Morgan said...

beautifully written...

Kelsey M. said...

wonderful post. fits right into my current life situations. thank you :)

Candice said...

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much for this!

Laura said...

That last paragraph was beautifully said. Thank you for that!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I am de-lurking to let you know how endearing and inspirational you blog is. I absolutely love it, and I completely admire and respect you. Thank you for sharing these little pieces of yourself with the world.

Aline said...

meg. that was beautiful.

kelly : pinetothepacific said...

amazing. and perfect.