I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

3.11.2009

say blossom too many times and you start to wonder if it's a word.




Last night my friend Justine took me to Blossom, an organic vegan restaurant located on Columbus Avenue between 82nd and 83rd street. Did I mention I'm from Texas and that I love meat? Well...I'd go back again and again because they have the meanest cookie dough milkshake a girl could ever hope to have. And it's made from soy. So you feel healthy even when you finish and you're barely breathing because you didn't come up--not even once--for air. 

Justine attracts men like it's her job. I have another friend like this, Victoria. It's hard to go out with either of these girls because when I'm with them, I know the men sure as heck aren't lookin' at me. So last night every waiter in the restaurant nuzzled up close to our table. After one got a bit too close (yes girls, you're right close talkers are right up there with heavy breathers and noisy eaters) she looked at me and quietly said, he's odd. Yeah, he's odd, I agreed. Later in the evening she made some comment about how he was kind of attractive. I cocked my head and gave her my best look of bewilderment. 

Why did you say he was hot, then? she asked. 

What, I didn't say he was hot. 

Yes you did. Earlier, you said he was hot.

Replay in my mind. Stop tape. Brain clicks in.

I said he was odd.

Oh, I thought you said he was hot. 

And I thought you said he was odd.

There you have it. She said hot. I said odd. And we both heard what we wanted to.

I laughed and laughed. 

Maybe that's why she's dating like three guys and I'm...

not.

9 comments:

Krissa said...

Oh dear...that milkshake sounds delicious!!!!
HaHa...funny how we hear things, how we want to hear them....
I am also the girl that does not attract all those guys, which I am so happy about. I would rather attract few great guys then several ordinary ones ya know?

Unknown said...

She is beyond gorgeous, and my dear...so are you. What a duo.

Aline said...

hahahaha...love that.

That place sounds awesome

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

that cookie dough milkshake sounds amazing! what are you talking about, you're really pretty, are men blind? :)

caitlin said...

love the blog. very funny. hope you don't mind being stalked a bit. (stalked is such a strong word, and it implies i have way more energy than i do.. so consider yourself admired)

Mandee lost her individuality. said...

she's dating them because her standards are lower? Let her have the odd ones then! Haha. I kid.
I remember that girl. The one that's pretty but not necessarily gorgeous and yet every male flocked to her because she has that certain "je ne sais quoi"
Ugh. wish I could have been her.

Justine said...

wow... i feel a little uncomfortable with these comments (and my standards arent lower...i dont date every guy that comes my way :( )

meg fee said...

grrrl, of course your standards aren't lower...you are living life to the fullest and figuring out what you want. you attract many an amazing (above average) man and if i had your je ne sais quoi i'd be dating three men too! i love you.

hmmmmm said...

I've left a comment on a more recent post and today found myself fascinated by the back pages of your blog. All of them paint a picture of someone who has NO idea that they're gay.

This post especially.

You're a lesbian. Trust me sweetie. You'll probably never be able to look inside yourself and accept/see/believe that because you're Catholic and your parents/you would never want that but...you are. You are. Oh god you are.