I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

9.09.2008

Not much to say today, so how bout this...


You know when you wake up and go to get dressed and end up trying on everything in your closet only to end up feeling as though you should just crawl back into bed?


That's how I felt this morning.

After settling on a basic skirt and blouse and leaving a heap of clean laundry on my bed I headed to the bus for my second audition in two days. I'll be an actor yet! Well, it turns out it didn't matter what I put on because I got soaked to the bone in a lovely little New York monsoon. And that's when I decided that for the moment I'm going to choose not to hate this lovely, little city of mine. Instead, I'm going to look at it as a fantastic challenge--a game I get to play day in and day out. And I'm ready for the ride. 

Today. 

We'll see how I feel tomorrow. 

Early afternoon I took my rain-soaked behind to my audition and guess what...I didn't want to die (this was a big deal for me--since yesterday I left hoping I'd never see another casting director/actor/theatre/tall building/tree again). 

Then this evening I got my sweaty (not to worry, it was post-gym) butt off to my second day of work.  For those of you who don't know, I'm now officially a member of the Metropolitan Opera fundraising team (shout out to Erica for suggesting this even if she's already abandoned me). It's oh so very exciting and guess what...it pays money--which right now, I need.

And then just now, after a few Chinese veggie rolls, I took in a little tube in the form of "How to Look Good Naked" with Carson Kressley. And I was skeptical, but my friends...it was good. 

And moving. 

Maybe I cried.

And then I ate almond butter and jam out of the jars. And you know what, I'd do it again.

Tonight, I'm happy. Life is good.




And by the way...Ned's been gone for three days now. And life is so much better without him.

1 comment:

naomi megan. said...

this post made me feel happy! and you know, after eating two bagels this morning (yes two...) while avoiding doing the laundry, rather, watching a rerun of that awful show, The Hills, all wrapped up in my pajama's ignoring my chores or washing my face- i can't help but say, i've had a really good morning.

so thank you meg. i appreciate this loads.
hope those good/bad auditions can rub off on me a little to get my butt in gear and out there too...