I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

8.28.2008

So my friend's coming to visit and I need some ideas...

I've always said the best way to live in NYC is as if you're a tourist. Jonathan is coming to town and I've got some ideas but I need input. So this is a call to the masses. Send me your ideas. What do you love to do in NY?

Here's what I got so far:

1. walk across Brooklyn Bridge to Grimaldi's

2. Monday night movie in Bryant Park

3. the Moma (on Friday night's its cheaper from 4 to 8)

4. Grey's Papaya: even if we don't eat anything, the smell alone is worth it

5. the shake shack in Madison Square Park

6. conservatory garden/ pond by 103 and Central Park West

7. walk along the Hudson in Riverside park

8. Magnolia's bakery for a cupcake

9. Frick collection (Sunday from 11 to 1 its cheaper)

10. the Bronx zoo (this sounds really appealing to me right now and is only $12)


2 comments:

Justine said...

some ideas (from the not-so-stunning... barely blonde-bombshell)
* visit tea and sympathy downtown for high tea or beans on toast
* Sit in a community garden in greenwich and read or talk.
* Go to PS1 and attend their weekly hammock party...beer and good music. Oh... and the art too.
* Have tapas at the Yucca bar (lower west side) the go across the street and play a lowsy (i get beat into a pathetic place) game of chess with a stranger.
* Go to Williamsburg or the lower east side to a small venue and watch live music
* Have coffee at Grey Dogs on Bleaker (they have FAB sandwiches as well.)
* Go shopping for old record covers in Chelsea.
* and...bleaker street pizza is boss. walk down the street to Cones and have their corn ice cream with cinnamon. it's like brazil.

J U L I E said...

I know it's probably too late for this, but I lived in NY for the last few years before moving to London and I kept a detailed list of my favorites.

The tops are:
Amateur Night at the Apollo
Upright Citizens Brigade Comedy Club
Billiards at Slate
PS1 in Queens

Found your blog today and I love it. Thanks.