I've moved! This page should automatically redirect in 5 seconds, but if it doesn't, then click here.

8.23.2008

My fortuitous fortune cookie...

So yesterday Vic and I spent a glorious day prancing around New York City like a couple of tourists. We explored new areas, as well as new sides of ourselves. In Bryant Park I let a total stranger convince me to buy something I totally didn't need. We got lost. Asked for directions. Bought Rob a gift. Rode in a cab. Then got nauseous and had to get out of the cab. We ate outside. Got movie tickets. Got there an hour early just to ensure we would sit together (after all it was a Friday night). Saw Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Ogled Javier Bardem. Ogled Penelope Cruz. Ogled Scarlett Johansson. All in all it was a very good day.



We ate on the Upper West Side trying desperately to deny all ties to the area. But at the end of the day it feels more like home than any other place in the city (at this point anyway).



My salmon was overcooked. Such a disappointment.



But my fortune more than made up for it. Vic reminded me of the custom in which you don't pick out your own fortune, but hand it to someone else. So this is what she passed to me...

"Depart not from the path which fate has you assigned."

It couldn't be more fitting and the grammar just makes it all the better.

No comments: